Sunday, September 20, 2009

MAF 2009

I had a great time at HwaChong's MAF last night! Every year I say the same thing about MAF, how great it is to go back to HwaChong to soak in the atmosphere of being back home again, of being able to hang out with my JC classmates and friends, to laze around the beloved class bench, to do all the lame and incredibly stupid things we used to do. But the thing is, I never get tired reflecting on how wonderful MAF is. I think MAF is what makes HwaChong great. That sense of family and belonging that it manages to generate - no other institution comes up with something close to it.

I did do something different though - I actually stayed to dance in the mass dance session, which is something I never did do in the last 4 years of MAF. I dunno, something got me extremely high last night. I suspect its the fact that I was listening to Sodagreen's 'Summer/Fever' album prior to going for MAF, but that's going to be another story for another time. But yeah, I actually danced in the mass dance session! Its a miracle I didn't drop dead, but I did step on ALOT of people's toes with my totally unco-ordinated foot work and slap ALOT of people with my flailing arms! Totally worth it! =P

Its really nice to go back to HwaChong every year. Honestly, I do feel like I feel more for HwaChong then say, MedFac or NUS. Its a special feeling that I would always look forward experiencing during that special time of the year! I LOVE MAF!

No comments:

Post a Comment