Sunday, July 12, 2009

and the answer is...



On Saturday, the 11th of July, I attended Stefanie Sun's 'The Answer Is...' 2009 Concert. Its her third concert held in Singapore, but its this marks the first time I've gone to watch her perform live in a full fledged concert.

I remember the reasons why I couldn't attend her previous two concerts very vividly. Her first concert was held when I was in Secondary 4, and I remember that it coincided with my Prelim Examinations; needless to say, my parents would never have allowed me to attend her concert then. Her second concert was held when I was 18: at this age, my parents no longer restricted my movements and freedom anymore, but unfortunately, I was still serving my time in Tekong then and the weekend she held her concert just happened to be the start of my field camp.

I love Stefanie Sun. I've been a fan since she first burst into the scene 9 years ago. And to not have been able to catch her live concerts was something I've always lamented. So, when I read and heard that she was finally going to have another concert here this year, I knew, beyond a doubt that THIS was going to be the year where I would FINALLY catch her performing live. And nothing, not even the Orthopaedics Gods that be, can stop me!

The concert was a blast! The stage was incredibly complex and futuristic, the use of the lights and holograms and projection images were amazing. Her many costumes were interesting to watch! Her dancers were fantastic. But most important of all, was her voice! The moment she starts singing those ballads which she just excels in, I felt a rush of warmth gushing through my veins - its a sense of familiarity, of comfort, felt only when you listen to a voice that you've been listening to for the past 9 years. These are songs that evoke so many different memories for me, and to be able to listen to her sing them live was just phenomenal.

Thank you Stefanie for a wonderful night! I can wait to attend your next concert! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment