Thursday, July 2, 2009

早點回家



This is still my favourite song from the new Sodagreen album. I love the story behind how it was created, that it was inspired by the composer's Grandparents. And the Grandparents are actually featured in the music video as well! A very meaningful song that reflects a lot of my feelings with regards to the issue kinship and valuing family ties.

I think the most important thing that we should do is to take care of our Grandparents. I have to admit that I probably place more store on being respectful to them than to my own parents! Haha. But yeah. I love my Grandmother and my Grandfather very much, and I absolutely feel that its our duty as grandchildren to do the most we can to keep them healthy, active and living fulfilling lives.

Its one thing just asking about how they are doing and visiting them at least once a week. I think what's more important is making an effort to talk to them, communicating with them, to bring them out for fun trips, to watch TV and discuss the plot twists with them. To have a great relationship with them, that's what truly matters. Its unfortunate that many of our generation and those younger can hardly even communicate with our grandparents' generation, so much so that many of us don't really know how to care for them. Its like we are total strangers. Such is the unfortunate state of things these days.

I just hope that majority of us can recognise this problem and attempt to rectify it before its too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment